Use this article to customize courses in the School Catalog.
You must have the following permission to complete the steps on this page: EdgeEX Customize Course in School Catalog.
To check your permissions, reference Checking your educator permissions.
Customization includes the ability to exclude units, lessons, or activities at the district, school, section, and enrollment level (single student). The wording at the top-right of the Customization Editor shows you which level you are customizing the course for.
For example, if you're customizing a section, here's what it looks like:
Updates made to a course in the School Catalog are automatically applied to all sections and enrollments. However, these customizations do not override any customizations that have already been made to a course at the enrollment level. For example, if a teacher has customized a course at the enrollment level to remove activities for concepts the student has already mastered, those activities will not be added back when changes are made to the course in the School Catalog.
Customizing a course
- Access the Course Hub of the applicable course.
- On the left navigation, click Content.
- In the center pane, click Customize.
- When the Customization Editor displays, make the desired changes:
Feature Description Preview activity
Click an activity's tile to view the activity.
You can hide the following elements:
Click the checkmark next to the name of the element to hide it.
Hidden elements display in the course structure in grey.
Filter and hide by activity type
At the top of the page, click Activities.
In the list that displays, deselect the box next to the activity type that you would like to hide. For example, if you want to hide all the quizzes from a course, uncheck the button next to Quiz.
Once you have deselected a type, all activities of that type display in the course structure in grey.
Reorder elements Coming soon! Add content Coming soon!
- To undo your last change, click Undo at the top-right of the page.
- You can also use keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+Z on a PC, CMD+Z on a Mac) to undo a change.
- To undo all changes, click the X at the top-right of the page.
On the Discard Changes window that displays; click Confirm.
- At the top-right of the page, click Publish.
- On the Apply Customizations to School Course screen, review the changes; then click Next.
- Determine if you want hidden content included in assessments. Check or uncheck the boxes as applicable; then click Next.
The Hidden Content section only populates if you have hidden entire lessons. Otherwise, it remains blank.
- Determine how you want to apply the changes to sections and select or deselect the radio button. Then click Next.
- Review the grade weights and make any changes; then click Apply.
- A confirmation page displays; click Done.
Video: Seconds to Success — Course Customization
The following short video provides a walkthrough of customizing a course by hiding and unhiding content.