Use this page to access an essay, project, performance task, or lab to grade via the Gradebook.
- Under the Courses tab, select Gradebook.
The gradebook can also be accessed via the Gradebook button on the homepage.
- Select the School, Classes, Subject, and Course. If desired, drill it down farther via Group, Unit, and Lesson.
Want to narrow it down by user groups? Make sure the course is selected. If students are enrolled in the selected course and are listed in user groups, those user groups will appear in the Group(s) drop-down.
- The icons on the top right assist in viewing the Gradebook according to personal preferences.
a. The Gradebook refreshes every 2-3 minutes, but if you need to refresh it in between that time, select the Refresh icon.
b. To customize the columns listed in the table, select the gear icon.
c. For a fullscreen view of the gradebook, select the arrow icon.
- Select the Activities button.
- The activities are displayed as the columns.
- A key to the symbols on the table can be found here.
- To find an item to grade, search for the Performance Task next to Lesson.
- Click the pencil icon to view the submitted activity.
Depending on the type of project or lab, the box with the score will be titled differently. This is the Performance Task example.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click View.
To find out about all the options on the page, click here.
If an educator already knows what score he/she wants to assign, click the Change Score button. instead of pushing View.
- The grading window will appear. Click the link under Instructional resources to view the original document.
- Click the link submitted by the student to grade under Submitted files.
- The answer key is in the course documents. To find that, click here.
- Place a score in the Give Score box. Click Submit Score.
The system reads the number placed in the score box as a percentage. If the student receives a 23/25 (92%), then put 92 in the box.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box. Click Update Comments.
- Exit out of the window when finished.