Use this page to access an essay, project, performance task, or lab to grade via the Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The student will see there is a comment on his/her screen when entering the course map.
- On the main menu, select Dashboard.
- By default, the Progress tab will be selected.
- All the students are listed here with each class in which they are enrolled. Filter to see a particular set of students. With each filter, click Apply.
- Choose the information desired on the screen by using the display options.
- Sort in different ways to be able to interpret the data.
- Any student who has a yellow alert icon has an item for the teacher to grade. Left-click on the icon.
Learn more about the other alerts.
- Select Review.
- Any activity needing action, YES is displayed under Action Required. Click on the row to view.
Essays, Projects, or Labs would also be displayed here.
- The lesson should be expanded already with the item highlighted. If not, expand the unit and lesson of the essay needing graded. The activities within the submitted essay are listed.
- Click Performance Task. For a project, the activity will start with Project: and a lab report will have Lab:.
To find out about all the actions an educator can take, click here.
- Click the attempt.
- The grading window will appear. Click the link under Instructional resources to view the original document.
- Click the link submitted by the student to grade under Submitted files.
- The answer key is in the course documents. To find that, click here.
- Place a score in the Give Score box. Click Submit Score.
The system reads the number placed in the score box as a percentage. If the student receives a 23/25 (92%), then put 92 in the box.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box. Click Update Comments.
- Exit out of the window when finished.