Educators can find submitted Essays on the Gradebook page. Use this article to learn how to find the Gradebook page to access submitted Essays for grading.
- Under the Courses tab, select Gradebook.
The gradebook can also be accessed via the Gradebook button on the homepage.
- Select the School, Classes, Subject, and Course. If desired, drill it down farther via Group, Unit, and Lesson.
Want to narrow it down by user groups? Make sure the course is selected. If students are enrolled in the selected course and are listed in user groups, those user groups will appear in the Group(s) drop-down.
- The icons on the top right assist in viewing the Gradebook according to personal preferences.
a. The Gradebook refreshes every 2-3 minutes, but if you need to refresh it in between that time, select the Refresh icon.
b. To customize the columns listed in the table, select the gear icon.
c. For a fullscreen view of the gradebook, select the arrow icon.
- Select the Activities button.
- The activities are displayed as the columns.
- A key to the symbols on the table can be found here.
- To find the item to grade, search for the unit and the lesson of the essay.
- Look for pencil icon meaning the item needs to be reviewed, and click it to view the submitted activity.
- The suggested score will be on the top left.
In the draft stage, students are required to have a minimum of 100 words, while the revision stage requires more than 150 words. The system will not let the student submit their work unless they meet the minimum word count.
- To view the rubric, click Rubric.
- To view the checklist completed by the student, click Checklist.
- To accept the score, click Accept Suggested Score. To alter the score, type the score in the box and select Manual Score.
The system reads the number placed in the score box as a percentage. If the student receives a 23/25 (92%), then put 92 in the box.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box. Click Update Comments.
- Exit out of the window when finished.