To create a section, you must have the EdgeEX Create Sections permission.
To check your permissions, reference Checking your educator permissions.
Use this article to create a section of an EdgeEX course.
- Access your School Catalog.
- Use the search bar, Grade filter, and/or Subjects filter to locate the applicable course.
- On the top-right of the course tile, click Create Section.
- On the Create Section flyout, complete the following:
Field Action Section Name This field is prefilled with the course you selected.
From the drop-down menu, select the applicable version. Grade Level From the drop-down menu, select the applicable grade Level for your section.
- The Grade Level defaults to the lowest Grade Level available for that course.
- Depending on the course, Grades 3–13 are available, with 13 representing adult learners.
- You can only select one grade level for a section.
Primary Teacher From the drop-down menu, select the applicable teacher. Additional Teachers If desired, from the drop-down menu, select the applicable teachers.
- Under Choose Term Type, select Fixed Term or Rolling Enrollment.
The Rolling Enrollment feature is not yet available.
- Do one of the following:
If you selected Then Fixed Term Continue to the next step. Rolling Enrollment
This feature is not yet available.
Select one of the following:
- No Target Date
- Auto-Generate Target Date: The number of working days after the Start Date is prefilled to seven days. Adjust the number if desired.
- Click Create Section.
- A confirmation window displays.