To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Reset Assignments" checked under Gradebook Options. To validate your permissions, click here.
When an activity is reset, the first score is removed and the second attempt's grade will count no matter if it was lower than the first attempt. Resetting an activity does not remove the first attempt.
With an assessment, the highest score earned will count as long as the highest score was not reset. If it was, then that score is out of contention.
For activities that do not have a grade assigned yet, such as a performance task, the system will place 100% as a placeholder once the activity is reset. This score is not counted towards the grade. It also doesn't show for students since resetting an activity forces them to complete it again from the beginning.
- On the main menu, select Dashboard.
- Click the Course tab.
- The students are listed here with each class in which they are enrolled. Filter to see a particular set of students. With each filter, click Apply.
- Select Lesson.
The Topic button is where the 3000-series courses (newer courses) will display the units. Older courses in the 600–2000 series may contain a three-tiered structure of Units, Topics, and Lessons. Newer courses will only contain units and lessons, but the units are displayed when the Topic button is selected. Additionally, when you click on the Unit button for these newer courses, you will see the warning, “This course does not contain this level.”
- The educator can now see the data for his/her students. For an explanation of the data, click here.
- When the mouse hovers over a score, the title of the lesson appears. Find the lesson with the score that needs to be changed.
- Find the activity by expanding the unit and lesson.
- Click the activity.
- Click the attempt.
If an educator already knows what score he/she wants to assign, click Reset Activity on the right side of the screen.
- Click Reset Activity.
- Enter a reason.
Some activities will ask additional questions. Make sure to read them and make your selection before moving to the next step.
- Click Reset.