The Pass With Score feature is used in situations where a student is stuck in a course, usually because they have run out of retake attempts for an assessment. Using the Pass With Score feature allows the user to supply a score for the current activity and allows the student to continue in the course, regardless of whether or not the score meets the typical passing threshold.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Change Grades" checked under Gradebook Options. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Access the Selected Student tab for the applicable student and click View Courses.
- Select the radio button next to the course.
- Click Grades.
- Click the activity to pass. It will be the current activity.
- Select Pass W/ Score (Current Activity) on the right.
- Enter a score and a reason and click Submit.
- The score will populate on the bottom under Graded Attempts.