Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, only in the Gradebook can an educator bypass a non-current activity for a student. Reference Bypassing an activity from the Gradebook for steps.
No. Bypassing the activity does not lock it, it just labels it as "Not Required," "Tested Out," or "Pretest Required," depending on the reason for the bypass. Students can still access and complete a bypassed activity from their Course Map. A grade will not display on the Course Map or on the progress report.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Add or Remove Bypasses" checked under Gradebook Options. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
NoteClick the Manage Students button from the homepage.
- Click the Filters button.
- Add or remove filters to manage specific students and click Apply. To find out about each filter, click here.
- Click the name of the student.
- Select the radio-button for the course.
- Expand the unit and lesson. The activities for the lesson should be listed.
- The current activity should be highlighted. If not, select any activity and click Select Current Activity.
- For the current activity, click Bypass (Current Activity).
- List a reason for bypassing the activity and click Submit.
If the activity being bypassed is an assessment, an educator will have to determine if the questions from the bypassed activity should show questions on tests and cumulative exams. By default, they are not on other tests and cumulative exams.
- The bypassed activity will be highlighted in gray.