Use this page to reset a student's activity. A reset requires the student to go back and complete an activity again.
Once you reset the activity, any prior attempts no longer count towards the student's course grade.
Resetting an activity has the following impact on the student:
- The activity becomes the student’s next activity in the course sequence, once they complete any activity in progress. (That is, if the student is in the middle of an activity, it will remain the current activity. Once that activity is completed, clicking Next Activity will take the student to the activity that was reset.)
- In the Grades tab:
- The status of the reset activity will change from Complete to Not Started.
- The status of any attempts the student completed prior to the Reset action will change to Reset, and they will not be eligible to count toward the student’s course grade, even if one is the highest-scoring attempt.
Frequently asked questions
If a student previously passed a pretest, all the activities they placed out of will change back to the Pretesting status, and will be assigned if the student does not pass the new pretest attempt.
If a student previous failed a pretest, all the activities they started or completed will be left intact. If they fail the new pretest attempt, they will retain their work in any activities they had started and can pick up where they left off. If they pass the new pretest attempt, any activities that were not completed will change to the Pretested Out status (students will not lose their work in any in-progress activities if they choose to complete them anyway).
For more information about pretesting, reference EdgeEX course options — Pretesting.
Resetting an activity
- Access the Grades tab.
- At the top of the page, click the Alert icon.
- The applicable activity displays in the Course Structure section and in the Student Work pane.
- Click the Manage Activity icon.
- The Manage Activity flyout displays, defaulting to the Reset tab. The This activity radio button is already selected.
The Bypass tab is not available at this time.
- If you want the student to have access to their previous attempts, toggle the selection to Yes. Otherwise, leave it as No.
- Click Submit.
- Click Close.