The EdgeEX preview banner on the Imagine Edgenuity home page provides educators with a preview of new Imagine Edgenuity courses that will soon be available. The banner is visible to all educators by default, but districts can disable it if needed. District administrators must disable the EdgeEX Educator Preview for existing users, then update the default settings for future users.
Only district administrators can update the EdgeEX Educator Preview permissions. Click here for the steps to update the permissions.
Disabling the EdgeEX Educator Preview for existing users
- On the More tab, click Manage Educators.
- Select the box next to the name of each applicable teacher, school administrator, and district administrator, then click Update Permissions.
- Click Educator Accounts, then click View EdgeEX Preview.
- Click the checkbox next to Deactivate the permission: View EdgeEX Preview for all selected teachers, then click Save.
Disabling the EdgeEX Educator Preview on the default permissions for future users
- On the Administration tab, click District Settings.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- The page defaults to the Teacher tab; scroll down and click Edit.
- In the Educator Accounts section, remove the check box next to View EdgeEX Preview to remove the banner.
Clicking the checkbox next to Apply these permissions to existing users with this role? updates the permissions for all users with the exact permissions currently selected on the page. To avoid adding or removing specific permissions previously granted to or removed from individual educators' accounts, do not select this checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 1–5 on the District Administrator and School Administrator tabs.