- Under the Students tab, type the student's name in the search bar.
- Click the student's name once it appears below the search box.
- The student's name will emerge to the left of the other tabs.
- Under the student's name tab, click View Courses.
- Select the radio button next to the course.
- Click Score and Activity Review.
- Activities that require grading will have a Yes. Click the row.
- Click Revising.
To find out about all the actions an educator can take, click here.
- Click the attempt.
- The suggested score will be on the top left.
In the draft stage, students are required to have a minimum of 100 words, while the revision stage requires more than 150 words. The system will not let the student submit their work unless they meet the minimum word count.
- To view the rubric, click Rubric.
- To view the checklist completed by the student, click Checklist.
- To accept the score, click Accept Suggested Score. To alter the score, type the score in the box and select Manual Score.
The system reads the number placed in the score box as a percentage. If the student receives a 23/25 (92%), then put 92 in the box.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box. Click Update Comments.
- Exit out of the window when finished.
Grading an Essay from the Student's Gradebook
Articles in this section
- Grading a Short Writing Assignment from the Student's Gradebook
- Grading a Short Writing Assignment from the Course Gradebook
- Grading a Short Writing Assignment from the Dashboard
- Grading an Essay from the Course Gradebook
- Grading an Essay from the Dashboard
- Grading an Essay from the Student's Gradebook
- Grading Teacher-Graded Assignment Items and Projects
- Grading a Project, Performance Task, or Lab from the Course Gradebook
- Grading Teacher-Graded Assessment Items
- Grading a Project, Performance Task, or Lab from the Dashboard