We have created the following resources that can be exported as a PDF and provided to parents or students when the student begins working in their Edgenuity course. These resources include instructions on using the Family Portal and Progress Reports, a student user guide, as well as tips for troubleshooting access at home.
Imagine Edgenuity provides an exciting and engaging educational environment that is designed to capture attention and draw students into the interactive world of online and blended learning.
Imagine Learning has provided courses for students since 1998, and through our experience with teachers, students, and parents, we built an engaging and effective curriculum that connects science, math, language arts, social studies, and elective courses to your student’s everyday world.
Using a combination of animations, simulations, video-led direct instruction, relevant web sites, and a myriad of activities that support the lesson’s topic, students have a wealth of information at their fingertips that can be reviewed as many times as necessary to achieve mastery. Edgenuity strongly believes that each student is unique and acquires information in his or her own way. As a result of that belief, our courses are designed to provide students with activities that support the ways they learn best: seeing, hearing, and touching the course materials.
To ensure your student’s experience with Imagine Edgenuity is successful, we wanted to introduce ourselves and provide information that will enable you to partner with us in this goal. We are thrilled to have you and your student join the Imagine Learning family. Good luck, and have a terrific year!
Introductory Documentation- English:
|Accessing the Learning Management System||Communicating with Your Student's Instructors||Getting Help from Edgenuity||Monitoring Your Student's Progress||Parent Letter|
Introductory Documentation- Spanish:
|Acceso al Sistema de Gestión de Aprendizaje||Comunicarse con los Instructores del Estudiante||Obtener Ayuda de Edgenuity||Monitorear el Progreso del Estudiante||Carta para Padres y Familias|
|Basic Troubleshooting Flyer||Solución de Problemas Técnicos|
Progress Report Email:
Contact your student's educator and request a copy of your student's progress report. This will provide you a breakdown of your student's progress within their courses.
|Requesting Student Progress Reports||Understanding the Progress Report|
Parent Portal Information:
Looking to have real-time access to your student's progress within Imagine Edgenuity? Contact your student's educator and ask them to sign you up for the family portal. Within the portal you can view the attendance and progress of your student.
|Activating the Family Portal||Understanding the Attendance Log||Understanding the Progress Report|
Support for Students:
The user guide will break down additional information for the student to learn about Imagine Edgenuity.
|Imagine Edgenuity Student User Guide|
Students will find the following tools available to them in the student experience:
- Word look-up/lesson glossaries
- Rubrics and manipulatives to support instructional activities, where applicable
- Text Translation
- Video captions and transcripts
- Digital highlighters
- Course-specific tools, such as calculators and interactive reference material
- Segmented learning
- Pause and play to allow for scheduled breaks
|Technical Requirements for Students|
Encourage your student to follow these best-practices as they learn how to be successful in a virtual environment:
- Focus and be on task in Imagine Edgenuity coursework only
- Protect your username and password
- Work on one course at a time
- Read the Announcements that pop up upon log in
- Learn from your mistakes; review incorrect responses and take notes
- Review grades and check progress
- Monitor progress using the Course Report
- Take eNotes throughout the course
- Review lectures a second time using the Course Map
- Answer all subjective responses thoroughly, in complete sentences, and using your own words
- Review notes and previous attempts before taking quizzes, tests and the cumulative exam
- Check Scores and Feedback Report and Assignment Calendar daily
- Save your work before exiting (when applicable) and log off correctly