When working with other educator accounts, it is important to understand the various roles available within Edgenuity. Each role has default permissions that Edgenuity recommends, but any user can have customized permissions edited by a district administrator or a user with the permission to Edit Educators.
- District Administrator Permissions: educators classified as district admins can manage courses, other educator accounts, and student accounts throughout all schools within the district
- School Administrator Permissions: educators classified as school admins can manage courses, other educator accounts, and student accounts throughout one unique school within the district
- Teacher Permissions: educators classified as teachers can manage student accounts throughout one unique school within the district
Access to multiple schools within the district can be customized per user regardless of the user's role. For example, a user could be granted access to School A and School B in a district, but not School C.
While it is possible to give a teacher account all permissions available, essentially granting the same authority as a district administrator, there are still a few features that are specific to a user's designated role:
- District administrators have access to Manage Snapshots of data to compare student progress over time
- Announcements can be posted for specific user roles irrespective of permissions
- Roles manage down, with district administrators having the highest priority
- With the Edit Educators permission, a user can only edit permissions currently assigned to his or her account
For more information regarding unique permissions, click here.