This page is useful when you have a customized course and you want to make modifications to it. You may not be able to complete all of your desired customizations in one sitting. In this case, you can save your progress and come back at a later time to modify your existing course.
Frequently Asked Questions
*If a change is made to the course level that is not related to the student's customization, then their course will be changed. For example, a student's course has all assessments removed. Later at the course level, an educator removes the last unit. In this case, the student's course will be adjusted so they don't have to do the assessment or the last unit of content.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Create Custom Courses" and "Edit Course Options" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
If your course has been assigned to either teachers (for review) or to students, then the course is considered to have enrollments. The options for customizing courses with enrollments are limited. You can turn on content that you previously turned off, or you can turn off content that was previously left enabled for students. Make your desired changes and then follow these steps to save your course. Customizations made to courses that contain enrollments will affect all students who are actively enrolled in that course.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
Need help finding a particular course? Use this page.
- Checkmark the box next to the customized course name. Click Customize.
- Under More, click Customize.
- Click Modify course without creating a copy.
- To learn about the Customization Tool, click here.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Publish Course.
- A notification window will appear. Click Publish.
- A confirmation window will appear to confirm the course was published successfully, but will require the course options to be reviewed. Click Check Course Options.
- Make adjustments to the course options and ensure the grade weights total 100.
Make additional course options changes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click Submit All Changes.
- A notification window will ask which students will see this course. Select the radio dial of the choice desired. Then click Submit.
- A confirmation will appear in green text to confirm the changes were made successfully.