Use this page to grade an Advanced Placement World Language speaking assignment via the Dashboard. The AP Grading Guide is also a resource available to learn about the procedures for the Advanced Placement courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students are required to complete two steps when submitting speaking assignments. Work submitted to educators is not visible to the educator unless these two steps occur:
- When ready to submit, a student needs to click the submit icon .
- The icon will have Activity Submitted next to it.
- Any changes made by the student after Activity Submitted shows, will not be counted.
- Click Done.
- Students are prompted to ensure they have submitted the assignment (step 1).
- If they have, click OK.
- If they have not, click Cancel. Then complete step one.
After these steps are made on the student's side, you can proceed to score the activity.
- On the main menu, select Dashboard.
- The Progress tab is selected by default.
- All the students are listed here with each class in which they are enrolled. Filter to see a particular set of students. With each filter, click Apply.
- Choose the information desired on the screen by using the display options.
Sort in different ways to be able to interpret the data.
- Any student who has a yellow alert icon has an item for the teacher to grade. Left-click on the icon.
Learn more about the other alerts.
- Select Review.
- Any activity needing action, YES is displayed under Action Required. Click on the row to view.
- The lesson should be expanded already with the item highlighted. If not, expand the unit and lesson of the activity needing graded.
To find out about all the actions an educator can take, click here.
- Click View.
- Toggle to the student's answers. The most recent submission has an asterisk (*) next to it.
- Assess the student's work by selecting the play button , then click play again.
If Activity submitted does not show at the top, then the student did not submit their work and you will not be able to score anything. : Direct your students to go back to the assignment, click the red submit button, then click the done button.
- Click Change Score.
- Enter a score for the assignment.
- Click Submit.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box.
- Click Update Comments.
- Click X to exit the window when finished.