Use this page to learn how to send an email to a class or user group.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the character limit for an email?
A student's email address must not contain more than 100 characters, and the email message must not contain more than 4,000 characters.
When emailing a group of students, can students in the group see the list of recipients?
Yes. While the educator view displays the group receiving the email, students can see the list of names to which the email was sent.
Is there a limit to the number of students included in an email?
There is a limit of 200 for group emails.
To send emails to groups you must have "Email" permissions. To validate your permissions, click here.
- On the Communication tab, select Inbox.
- Click New Email.
- Enter the recipient's name in the search field, then click it when it appears.
You can also enter the name of any user groups or classes that have been created.
- Repeat step three until the names of all necessary recipients are listed in the TO: field.
- Add a Subject.
- If available, add an Attachment.
- Enter your message.
- Click Send.
- A confirmation displays on the bottom right of the screen.