Active Time is the time a student spends on an activity up to submission for a score. This time includes watching videos, answering questions, taking eNotes, reading transcripts, or reviewing the Glossary while logged into Imagine Edgenuity. Active Time ends when an activity is completed and a score is assigned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- To monitor how much time students are legitimately spending moving forward in their coursework.
- If a student launches a link (e.g., a third-party website in an Online Content activity, a reading passage in the CloseReader™), they also still have the Assignment open. The system will continue to record active time while the student is reading until the student returns to the Imagine Edgenuity lesson and clicks Submit, Home, or Save and Exit. If the student simply closes the browser, the time spent reading will be captured as idle time.
- If a student is watching an instructional video, the system will only record active time if they:
- Complete the activity and clicks the Submit button, or
- Click the Home button to return to the Course Map.
- If a student is staring at an assessment question for ten minutes, it is still active time as long as the activity hasn't yet been completed/submitted.
- Any retakes a student completes will count as Active time as they are making progress in a course. This includes if a student passes an assessment but wants to retake it for a better score; the system will calculate this attempt as Active time.
Are your students taking an AP World Language course? Their time spent working on those courses will be captured as active time on both the Session Log and the Attendance Log. However, the total number of activities will not be available on these reports. You will need to log into your Powerspeak class to view that information.