Use this page to create a teacher's account and assign school and access permissions. The required fields for creating an educator's account are first name, last name, and password. Everything else is optional. The username will be generated automatically using the first three letters of the first name and the first five letters of the last name. We encourage the use of an email address so the user can recover their own password if they forget it in the future.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Add Educators" checked under Educator Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
If you have this permission enabled, you can only create an account equivalent or below your current access. So, if you are a school administrator with this permission, you can create school administrator and educator accounts.
- Under the More tab, select Manage Educators.
- Click Add Educator.
- Select the Account Type.
- Enter the educator's first and last name.
- Enter the educator's username.
The field has a maximum character limit of 50.
- Enter and re-enter the password for the educator.
- Click Next.
- Checkmark the school(s) to which the educator will have access and click Next.
- Use the drop-down arrows to alter the permissions of the educator.
- The default permissions display when each drop-down arrow is selected. Alter them as desired.
- Click Save.
- On the Success screen that displays, click Add Another Educator or Close.