Initially, EdgeEX is not expected to inherit student settings for Translation and Text-to-Speech. These tools will be off for all current students, even if they have them checked “on” in their student profiles. To correct this, the tools must be toggled off and then back on again for all students who currently have the options turned on. Once EdgeEX is enabled, any future students who have the setting turned on will have the tools as expected.
Your Customer Success Manager (CSM) will have made these adjustments for you already. However, if you have additional adjustments to make, follow the steps in this article to make sure that Translation and Text-to-Speech are enabled for all of your students.
- Create a user group that will be used for all students who have the Text-to-Speech option turned on.
- You must create a group to be able to access the list of students again. Without creating a group, you will have no easy way to find these students again.
- Name the group something clear like "Students with Text-to-Speech."
- Access the Manage Students page.
- At the top-right of the page, click the gear icon.
- In the Manage Students - Select Columns window, select the Translation and Text-to-Speech boxes; then click Save Configuration.
- In the Filters section, click the Student Options tab and select the Enable radio button next to Text-to-Speech; then click Apply.
- Add all of the students to your user group.
- From the More menu, select Update Student Options > Text-to-Speech.
- On the Text-to-Speech window, select Disable Text-to-Speech; then click Save.
- On the same user group, re-select all students and enable Text-to-Speech for them using the same process in steps 7–8 that you used to disable it.
- Repeat steps 1–9 for the Translation option.