To avoid enrolling students in a course that is no longer supported by Imagine Edgenuity, it is important to know how to check for unsupported courses.
A course is placed in an unsupported status when it is no longer supported. Courses that are unsupported have issues such as links not working correctly, embedded documents not opening, or sound distortion issues. These errors may not be fixed. Another reason why a course may be unsupported is that it does not meet the state's current standards. In most cases, there will be an updated course.
It is advisable to check if a course is the most recent version before the beginning of a school semester, to avoid enrolling students in an unsupported course.
Frequently asked questions
- Current- most recent edition of the course
- Previous- there is a newer version of the course, but this one will still be supported indefinitely
- Scheduled for EOL- there is a newer version of the course, and this one will NOT be supported after the current school year
Checking for unsupported courses
- Under Courses, click Manage Courses.
- Click Filters.
- Under Edition, check Unsupported, then click Apply to display unsupported courses.
It may be beneficial to see which course, if any, is schedule for End of Life. This course will become unsupported at the end of the current school year.
What to do next
- Teachers - notify school or district administrator
Archive the course
Make sure to filter by unsupported before archiving courses
- Locate the newer version of the course in the Course Management School (CMS)
- Cannot find the course or have access to the CMS? Contact the Customer Success Manager.
- Archive the course